As a former Judicial Clerk for the Chief Judge of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Utah, attorney Paul Toscano has been helping Salt Lake City residents with bankruptcy matters for nearly 35 years. In addition to his stint with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Paul has also served as a Chapter 7 panel trustee, a Chapter 13 standing trustee and a Chapter 12 trustee. He has provided legal counsel to debtors under every chapter of the bankruptcy code, including Chapter 9 (reserved for debtors who are governmental entities). Today, Paul primarily represents debtors in Chapter 7 liquidation cases, Chapter 13 adjustment cases and Chapter 11 reorganization or liquidation cases. He also provides financial counseling for Utah consumers and businesses to better help them avoid bankruptcy.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School — J.D., cum laude, 1978
- Brigham Young University — M.A., English, 1971
- Brigham Young University — B.A., English, 1970
- Toward An Architecture of Privacy for the Virtual World, John Marshall Journal of Computer and Information Law, Vol. XIX No. 1, Fall 2000, pp. 151-168
- Acquiring Real Property Out of Bankruptcy, Financial Freedom Report, 1992
- The ABCs of Bankruptcy, Financial Freedom Report, 1992
- Secularism, Neutrality, and the Supreme Court: Invisible Religion in the Public Schools, Bountiful: Horizon Publishers, 1990, 222 pp., 1990
- A Dubious Neutrality: The Establishment of Secularism in the Public Schools, BYU LAW REV. 177-211, 1979
- Co-Author, Utah Civil Practice, Principal Author Professor David A. Thomas, Four Volumes, 1978
- Editor, Education Law: A Compendium, by E.G. Gee, Boston: Allyn Bacon, 1978, 300 pp.
- Co-Author, An Overview of the Circuit Court Act of 1977, Utah State Bar Journal, Spring 1977, Vols. 5, nos. 1-3
- Editor, Evidence: A Programmed Approach, by Edward L. Kimball (Wilkinson Chair), J. Reuben Clark Law School, BYU, West Publishing Co., 1977, 380 pp.
- Co-Author, Statistics Step By Step, New York: Houghton-Mifflin, 1974, 650 pp.
- Utah State Bar Association — Member, 1978 – Present
- U.S. Federal Courts — Member, 1978 – Present
- Bi-Monthly Presenter, Bankruptcy Issues, The Mark Marine Credit Show, K-Talk Radio (630 AM), Salt Lake City, Utah, 2003-2004
- Presenter, Bankruptcy Seminar, Park City, Utah, Norton Bankruptcy Institute, February 25, 1997
- Presenter, Annual Conference, San Francisco, California, The National Association of Chapter 13 Trustee, July 4, 1996
- Speaker, How to Buy Non-commercial Real Property Out of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Financial Freedom Report. 1993 and 1992 Orlando Conventions
- Speaker, Invisible Religion in the Public Schools, Salt Lake County Bar Association, 1990
- Presenter, Liberty and Justice for All, BYU Honors Colloquium, lecture given each February between 1987 and 1993
- Adjunct Instructor, courses in school law, College of Education, BYU, 1978-1982
- Speaker, First Amendment Freedoms, Organization for the Protection of First Amendment Rights Annual Meeting, 1981
- Speaker, Church-state problems in public schools, Americans United for Separation of Church and State Annual Conference, 1980